---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Patty Bulack <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 9:10 AM
Subject: ALERT: Aggressive known burglar at work during the daytime: PLEASE
BE AWARE OF DOOR RINGER and DESCRIPTION BELOW
To: "[email protected]" <
[email protected]>, Drew Matter <[email protected]>,
"[email protected]" <[email protected]>


Hello All,

Please read the following accounts carefully.  Call 911 immediately if you
see someone of this description who is behaving in the ways described.
Don't ignore any strange sounds, or your doorbell!!!  Watch for your
neighbors' houses too.  It can't be long before this person is caught,
since he is being so brazen, but in the meantime please protect your home
and yourselves by raising the caution level....

Yours,
Patty

___________________________________________________

Sounds like the "door ringer" could have been an attempted robber - this
was posted on the TotLot Listserve this morning (I think she said she lives
at 46/Spruce).  Kelly

   Dear Neighbors-

   I'm writing to let you know about an attempted Robbery yesterday at our
   house.   Yesterday around 11: 30 am I was upstairs trying to take a much
   needed nap when I heard the doorbell. I didn't answer it because I was not
   expecting anyone.   As I began to dose off, I heard what sounded like
   windows on the side of my house being tapped.  I dismissed it as city
   noise.   Then  heard what could be nothing but my back door being pried
   open.  The man broke threw through the security door and then began to
   physically push through the second door, which he did quite a number on.

   I ran down the front stairs and went out the front.  I called the police
   who came and did a great job fingerprinting and what not. The person is
   already in their system as having done this before.  The man seems to fit
   the description of the man who is going around calling himself ' Denis" and
   asking people for money, though I have not seen that man the police think
   is "Denis" .   He was a light skinned black male over the age of 40 - about
   5 foot 7, round in the face and short hair.   He was wearing a light blue
   button down shirt although i'm sure that part is irrelevant.


Sent from my iPad

On Jun 7, 2013, at 7:00 AM, [email protected] wrote:

  Today's Topic Summary

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/48th-street-neighbors/topics

   - Keep an eye out for roaming doorbell
ringers<https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#13f1eb86eabb14fe_group_thread_0>[1
Update]

  Keep an eye out for roaming doorbell
ringers<http://groups.google.com/group/48th-street-neighbors/t/85b14cbb5d41df4c>

   Jessica Roemer <[email protected]> Jun 06 11:09PM -0400

   Hi everyone,

   I wanted to give everyone a heads-up about a guy who was going door to
   door
   on our block today (4800 Regent), ringing doorbells. He seemed to be
   mostly
   checking out whether anyone was home. When I promptly answered my door,
   he
   was already next door, ringing their doorbell. He looked over at me and
   said something quickly and halfheartedly about the cable company -- did I
   want cable? When I said no, he quickly said, "No, I didn't think so." He
   was not at all interested in engaging me, even though he had rung my
   doorbell. He had a looseleaf binder and a cell phone and he appeared to
   be
   making notes on a spreadsheet. I looked around and did not see a cable
   truck. I watched him walk into the building next to ours, and I waited
   until he re-emerged -- he must have stood there ringing the doorbell of
   every apartment. I stood there, waiting for him to come out so I could
   ask
   which company he was with, but he came out talking on his cell phone, and
   he walked down the block to the next house.

   He appeared to be in his early fifties or late forties, African American,
   medium height, wearing a light-colored t-shirt and shorts.

   It seemed quite possible to me that he was charting who is not home at
   that
   time of day (2 p.m.). Did anyone see him on other blocks?

   - Jessi

Reply via email to