Begin forwarded message:

From: Alexis B <alexis.b...@gmail.com>
Date: December 9, 2014 5:17:43 PM EST
To: Clark Park Tot Lot <clarkparktot...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [TotLot] Tot-lotter turned big kids' playgrounder collecting can goods/pasta donations

Hi folks:

My daughter asked me to pass along this message, she is a Tot Lot alumna.

Best wishes,
Alexis

-----------------------------------

My name is Sonja. I am in second grade and I am seven years old. I am
collecting cans of soup, cans of food, and pasta for the Sunday
Breakfast Rescue Mission.

My class is studying homelessness in Philadelphia.  We read Gowanus
Dogs.  And a speaker from the Sunday Breakfast Rescue Mission came to
our class.  They have two homeless shelters.  One is for women in
Germantown. They have a playground for kids, too.  The other one is
for men and it is near my school in the middle of the city.  They have
a fat cat named Garfield.  Sometimes Garfield likes to sleep on the
faces of the men, but they do not mind.

My class asked how we could help. We were asked to collect cans of
food and pasta, or anything non-perishable and give it to them.  They
say soup is what they like the best.

Can you help me collect? We are collecting from now until December 19.
If you live near Clark Park and will donate five cans or more, my
daddy or mommy and will help me pick them up from your porch. You can
let my mom know: alexis.b...@gmail.com

If you want to drop off a can, there will be a box to put it in at
Bindlestiff Books, 4530 Baltimore Avenue.  We will put the box there
from December 11 until December 18.

Thank you for reading my message.

Your neighbor,
Sonja