kento wrote:
> How do I get SlimServer to start on startup in Linux?
>
> I'm running SlimServer on a Buffalo LinkStation (HG-300), but every
> time I reboot the LinkStation I have to telnet to it and start
> SlimServer manually.

It depends on which "distro" you are running. There are many ways
to do it, and various distributions do it different ways.
It has nothing to do with your hardware.

So what software are you running?

Usually there is a set of magic scripts in the
/etc/init.d
directory, or one of its subdirectories.
You put the appropriate startup script, or better
a soft link to wherever the startup script is, and
it gets started for your appropriate run level.

--
Pat
http://www.pfarrell.com/music/slimserver/slimsoftware.html