Mark Lanctot wrote:
OK, this is no longer fun.

This behavior is persisting after a reboot.  Every time I reboot or
restart, my DNS entries have been cleared and I have to add them again.
Annoying to say the least.

I don't speak debian, but have you tried doing the dns setup by hand, like we had to in the uNiX days?

But first, what exactly do you mean by DNS entries?
My guess is that you mean you can't resolve hostnames, so your computer is not properly accessing a DNS server. Rather than your named/bind entries are broken.

Host resolution is typically specified by the file
/etc/resolv.conf

Look at it in a shell. Make sure it is right.
Edit it with vi or your favorite editor to include the dns hosts that you want used (usually provided by your ISP).

Then protect it 444.

Reboot a couple of times and see it is still the same.

Let me know.

--
Pat
http://www.pfarrell.com/music/slimserver/slimsoftware.html