Pale Blue Ego wrote:
> Another vote for ClarkConnect.  I use it for a Slimserver/file server
> and it's perfect for that.  Runs quicker than any other Linux distro
> I've tried because it doesn't use a GUI.  Just administer it from any
> other PC on the network using a web interface much like slimserver.

A small point, but you can start "any other Linux distro" without a GUI
too. Simply edit /etc/inittab and look for this line:

id:5:initdefault:

Change the "5" to a "3" and reboot - you will come up in text mode.

You can start the X Window system (the linux GUI) from the command line
using "startx".

Change the "3" back to a "5" if you want to boot in GUI mode again.

R.