kdf wrote:
> On 30-Jun-07, at 7:13 PM, Pat Farrell wrote:
>> And the only answer is that the apt-get package file is mis-configured.
>
> I believe that postfix is a requirement of mysql or one of the other
> subcomponents in the dependacies.
>
> http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=31816

Yes, that thread has someone saying they think MySql or something needs it.

And perhaps the installation "needs" it to get something else that
really is needed. But postfix is not needed by MySql or SlimServer.

Could be something else.

Chasing this down may be a lot of work, and perhaps not really
justified. Package inter-dependancies can get *very* complex.

--
Pat
http://www.pfarrell.com/music/slimserver/slimsoftware.html