thespaugh;244844 Wrote:

> I've uninstalled (purged) and reinstalled slimserver to no avail. I'm
> reluctant to uninstall glibc without first receiving guidance...is this
> the proper course of action? Any help in correcting this would be
> greatly appreciated.

I don't see that helping -- glibc is probably working fine. It's just
making some extra checks and noticing that somehow a linked list seems
to get corrupt. This can happen because of a hardware fault but also
through programmer error -- the latter being more probable. The bug is
quite probably not in glibc, but elsewhere.

Anything that triggers this message is a serious bug, but for debugging
purposes you can bypass it:

    MALLOC_CHECK_=0 slimserver status

jku