I am running the Debian package of SlimServer 6.5.4 from
debian.slimdevices.com. The system is running Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon.

The system is also our internet gateway. It has two network interfaces,
one with address iii.iii.iii.iii that faces the internal network and one
with eee.eee.eee.eee that faces the internet. The latter only exists
when the internet connection is up (we connect using PPPoE).

It seems that SlimServer is telling the player to connect to
eee.eee.eee.eee. Since this address only exists when the internet
connection is up, the result is that we can only use the Squeezebox
when the internet connection is up, or alternatively we have to
manually configure the player to connect to iii.iii.iii.iii.

We have tried editing /etc/default/slimserver so that it has this
option:
SLIMOPTIONS="--playeraddr="iii.iii.iii.iii"

According to the player and to tcpdump, the server nevertheless
advertises itself as eee.eee.eee.eee. The only effect this option had
is that it actually doesn't listen on eee.eee.eee.eee, but it still
advertises itself as doing so!

Is there any way we can tell the server not just to only *listen* on
iii.iii.iii.iii but to actually tell players that it is doing so?

--
hypatia