The upgrade is easy, just make sure you setup the repository in Ubuntu's
configs.

Apparmor is not overrated.  Apparmor is a very easy to understand jail
system.  It's new so people are still taking a bit to get used to it,
and do the wrong thing just like they do everywhere when it comes to
security enhancments.  "Oh god, security makes it not work, it must be
broken, turn it off."  This is a boneheaded way of thinking.

Part of the upgrade pain is that the squeezecenter package changes to
the apparmor configs left crap around and would multi-add to the config
(I think that was fixed).  I thought I had posted it on the apparmor
related bug, but afaik it hasn't gotten properly fixed.

--
SuperQ