Hi all,

I have an ubuntu server with a hosting company in the UK. I'm using
this server to primarily run a photo gallery. But it has a fair amount
of storage so I also back-up my workfiles to it through bacula - so in
essence it provides an "off-site" backup for my photo's and workfiles,
wherever I am, over any network.

So I got thinking - I only have one electronic copy of all my CD's, and
I remember all too well how long it took to encode all of them!! My
thought was how nice it would be if I could backup my MP3's to my
server, and run a copy of squeezecenter on it so I can listen to my
music from my parents house, my house or work via softsqueeze or my
classic players.

The problem is that I don't want Joe Bloggs to have access to my
squeezecenter installation, and I want to be able to ensure it's just
me who uses it. Does squeezecenter support access rules like .htaccess
files?

I have thought about a VPN but it'll be a pain to access via work and
the encryption overhead will have a knock on effect for any streaming.

Any ideas?
Cheers,
Chris

--