I've been a happy squeezebox owner for over two years.  I've always used
windows, but I've finally bought a dedicated machine to run as a server
and I'm trying out the linux thing.  I have everything working as
desired except one thing.  I have my system that squeezecenter is on
set to sleep after a few minuets of inactivity, but it still goes to
sleep even when I'm playing music via softsqueeze on another machine,
and I suspect the same thing will happen when I use my squeezebox when
it arrives in two days (I loaned it to my brother for a short time for
him to try out).  I've run squeezecenter on windows XP before and it
had a prevent system from standby plugin.  Is there any similar thing
for linux?  Is there some other setting I can change?

I've searched quite a bit and haven't found anything yet.  Any help is
appreciated.  Thanks.

System:
Ubuntu desktop 8.10
Intel Atom 230 CPU Intel 945GC + ICH7