I have been battling with this problem for a couple of months now and
would appreciate any help. I have a Buffalo LinkStation NAS v2 (MIPS)
and have followed the instructions at
http://fieldnetworks.com/slim/linkstation.html to install Slimserver on
the box. First I tried Slimserver 6.1.1 and then 6.3.1 but have run into
the very same problem with both versions:

Everything seems to be working, Slimserver is running and I can access
it via the web interface (port 9000) and using Softsqueeze. But when I
try to connect the actual Squeezebox Duet by entering the IP address of
the LinkStation in the Music Source menu, the remote does the annoying
"click" and the screen shakes a bit, as it does when you try to click
on something that doesn't take you anywhere.

I can connect to a SqueezeCenter running on a computer (both on a Mac
and on Windows), and to SqueezeNetwork, but not to the LinkStation.

I have performed a factory reset on the Squeezebox, have rebooted
everything several times, but nothing.

Help? Anyone?

Big thanks in advance!

--