ce3eoa;377519 Wrote:
> When I do service squeezecenter start, I get the following message:
>
> Starting SqueezeCenter: The following CPAN modules were found but
> cannot work with SqueezeCenter:
> XML::Parser (loaded 2.34, need 2.34)
>
> To fix this problem you have several options:
> 1. Install the latest version of the module(s) using CPAN: sudo cpan
> Some::Module
> 2. Update the module's package using apt-get, yum, etc.
> 3. Run the .tar.gz version of SqueezeCenter which includes all required
> CPAN modules.
Personally, with a problem of this sort, I'd avoid using yumex (for
purely superstitious reasons) and try the following:

Open a terminal window.
Become root: #su
Uninstall SqueezeCenter: #yum erase squeezecenter --disablerepo=*
Update everything else: #yum update -y
Restart the system: #shutdown -r now

Log back in, open a terminal window again, become root: #su
Check that no more updates are available: #yum update -y
Install Squeezecenter 7.3.2: #yum install squeezecenter --disablerepo=*
--enablerepo=squeezecenter-testing
...and see if that does it.

If your CPAN problem persists, look at this link for info as to how to
install and update CPAN modules:
http://www.troubleshooters.com/codecorn/littperl/perlcpan.htm

--
gharris999