Fletch;396767 Wrote:
> Hmm, the "failed" messages probably just indicate that it's trying to
> stop a process that isn't running.  I'm not sure why.  What happens if
> you run (as root) "/sbin/service squeezecenter start"?  After running
> that command, what's the output of "ps -eF | grep squeeze"?  Also, take
> a look in /var/log/squeezecenter/server.log for any errors.

I think you’re right that squeezecenter was/is not actually running.
(See below).

"/sbin/service squeezecenter start” results in message “SELinux setting
prevent squeezecenter from starting, See [Squeezecenter wiki]”

Nothing is in “/var/log/squeezecenter/server.log”  However, I did not
check that until just after my last reboot.  (See below).  Does this
file get renewed every restart?

--------------------

> Save the file, exit gedit and restart the firewall from the terminal
> prompt:
>
> service iptables restart
>
> Now, check to see that SqueezeCenter is actually running:
>
> /sbin/service squeezecenter status
>
> If it is, see if your browser can now connect to squeezecenter at
> http://127.0.0.1:9000/

I did all of this, except I neglected to try to disable SELinux first.
(None of lines you suggest for iptables were there already, although
there was one such line with a different port number, and I left it
in.)

“/sbin/service squeezecenter status”  revealed that squeezecenter
was/is not running.

I then tried “/sbin/service squeezecenter start”  and got the same
result I did before “SELinux setting prevent squeezecenter from
starting, See [Squeezecenter wiki]”

Then I noticed your suggestion to disable SELinux.  I was unable to.  I
went to the menu System>Adminisration>Services and SELinux is not listed
as a service.

How do I disable SELinux?  (You still think that a good idea?)  Other
suggestions?

Thanks,
Randy

--