teddy278 wrote:
> Now I would like to run a script whenever one of my squeezeboxes is
> turned on. So: I press "Power", Squeezebox is turned on, and a small
> bash-script is executed. I turn the Squeezebox off again, and another
> script is being run. The script should only be run with one of the
> boxes, not the other two.

I wanted to do this, too. I had some idea of a simple ping, running via
cron, that would recognise when my SBR was turned on, and could then
take action.

In particular, I want to run SC in a virtual machine, within Virtualbox,
and it would have been nice to have that action fire up the VM.

But I'm thwarted, because the SBR isn't really off when the light is
out: it still responds to a ping.

So this idea will only work - for me - if I turn the SBR off at the
mains outlet. Which is probably better for the environment, if not for
the SBR?

cheers,
calum.