I have a new PC that I want to use to run Squeezecenter, and potentially
other server duties. I have tried to set it up using debian and command
line, but I have never used Linux before and it really is hard to
understand, let alone get to work.

I want tips on an OS easy to setup with SC and that a novice can get up
and running without needing to learn 10 000 commands for linux.

Is Ubuntu a good choice? And do I need to install anything else than
Squeezecenter to use as a server for Transporter?

Is the server with Ubuntu able to hibernate when not used for a period
of time, and to wake up when I start using the Transporter again?

Ubuntu desktop OR server edtition?

--
cybervision_