sxr71 wrote:
> I think I'm going to run to the 24hour drug store to buy myself some
> blank CDs. I've been going crazy trying to find a way to run the whole
> thing in RAM. I have plenty of RAM and I'd like to at least run
> Squeezecenter in RAM. On my WHS it made it fly.
>
> Is there a way to do this with Vortexbox?

You want it to boot from RAM?
or just run/execute from RAM?

I think its trivial to do with nearly any OS, just have more RAM than
the programs need, and voila, virtual memory will have it all in RAM.

Usually, such things are not needed, all you need is the current working
set. For example SC has MySql, but you don't need a lot of the command
parsing stuff to actually be in RAM when you run.

--
Pat Farrell
http://www.pfarrell.com/