Mark Lanctot;482442 Wrote:
> Actually the 9.04 - 9.10 upgrade was so painless for me that I managed
> to do it remotely (my video card appears to be having hardware issues).
>
> However the Squeezebox Server upgrade didn't go quite as well.  I
> upgraded to 7.4.2 testing as recommended in this thread.  Upon the
> upgrade, I discovered that squeezeboxserver had been uninstalled
> somehow!
>
> Fortunately all the pref files and even the database had been kept, so
> on reinstall of SBS everything was back.
>
> Weird.

I think the problems also apply to mysql-client as this has been a
problem for me. It goes like this (i think!). SBS has mysql-client-5.0
installed so when the Kubuntu upgrade sees this it would remove SBS. If
you had upgraded Mysql-client to 5.1 before upgrading to 9.10 i think it
would have worked.

--
mudlark

SB3>CyrusDACX>PreXvs>ESPAudio P09B Active filter>NAP140+260A>Rhapsody,
Avondale and Naim cable, Kubuntu Karmic Koala servers, various boxes for
storage.
SB3 Flycatcher 3A linear power supply.
Using SqueezeBox Server 7.4.2 testing