Jim Flanagan wrote:
> Hi. I have been running squezecenter on openSuse 11.1 and previous with
> minimal problems. I just upgraded my maching to openSuse 11.2 and it
> won't run. I first downloaded and installed the squeezeboxserver 4.4.1-1
> rpm and it installed fine.

First question: which version did you download?

> My guess is that the startup script scheme has changed in oS 11.2, but I
> don't know how to track that down. Any advice??

have you looked at or for the logs.
Depending on which version of server, it may be named squeezecenter or
squeezeboxserver

and obviously, you need to run the startup script that matches the name
you want to run.

I'm debian, not Suse, so I can't do details for you, but the move to 7.4
brought a new name and a non-trivial amount of setup/startup issues

--
Pat Farrell
http://www.pfarrell.com/