Two possibilities to pursue:

*1) continue to test using squeezeplay:* I could be wrong, but I think
you need the PlayWMA plugin to play WMA on a software player such as
squeezeplay. You may also need mplayer installed. bpa knows this stuff
far better than I do.

*2) test using the Touch:* You don't need PlayWMA for the Touch because
the decoder is in the firmware. Either (a) back out of the suggested
firmware update for the Touch when you connect to 7.6, or (b) accept
the firmware update, then simply un-do the update by reconnecting your
Touch to your usual server when you're done with the tablet test. It
takes all of two minutes or so.

--
aubuti