agillis wrote:
> I would recommend VortexBox although any Linux distro would do. The
> advantage of VortexBox is it's designed to be an audio centric linux
> distro and has LMS pre-installed. If your worried about the future you
> could keep a copy of the LMS source tar ball. That way you could build
> it for any future Linux version. We plan to keep LMS as part of
> VortexBox as long as we can.

Thank you for all the comments - I have some research to be getting on
with now!
Just a question on the vortex box distro - is this distro highly
customised that I can't use it for anything other than music though? I
also use the linux server as a backup for my multiple desktop devices
and to store video that is served to some AC Ryan players. Would VB
allow me to do this still (and access it "headless" via a VNC type
remote program?).
Any major issues with LMS and the LATEST Kubuntu release?

Once again the user base of SB proves why these devices were (and still
are) the ONLY decent streaming music devices available.

Many thanks

Nic