Octootje wrote:
> I am trying to run Squeezelite as userdaemon on OSX 10.8 like
> Squeezeslave. I created a plist file in /Library/LaunchDaemons and tried
> to run it through launchctl, or via Lingon. Neither works.
>
> Launchctl gives a status 0 back, it looks like Squeezelite quits right
> away. I tried it with and without the -z option, doesn't seem to make a
> difference.
>
> When running Squeezelite through the command line, all seems to be
> fine.
>
> Any ideas? I'd like to switch from Squeezeslave to Squeezelite, because
> the latter can select an output device based on its name instead of its
> number. Squeezeslave should be able to do this, but I never got that
> working on OSX.
Here's the /Library/LaunchDaemons/squeezelite.plist I'm currently using
on 10.7 with a usb dongle.

Run this command from a terminal window to load the plist into
launchctl.

sudo launchctl load /Library/LaunchDaemons/squeezeslave.plist

I have macports installed with all the codec shared libraries in
/opt/local/lib and had to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH so squeezelite could find
them.

Also squeezelite did not parse the command line options correctly unless
I put each part in a separate string tag.

  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN"
"http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd";>
  <plist version="1.0">
  <dict>
  <key>KeepAlive</key>
  <true/>
  <key>OnDemand</key>
  <false/>
  <key>RunAtLoad</key>
  <true/>
  <key>Label</key>
  <string>squeezelite</string>
  <key>EnvironmentVariables</key>
  <dict>
  </dict>
  <key>ProgramArguments</key>
  <array>
  <string>/opt/local/bin/squeezelite</string>
  <string>-a</string>
  <string>60</string>
  <string>-o</string>
  <string>2</string>