lrossouw wrote:
> Running Ubuntu 12.10 amd64 if that makes a difference?  The only thing I
> can rebuild I think is the luajit instructions you had?
>

> Question doesn't make sense... :)

gdb is the gnu debugger http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/ you can
probably install it with apt or ubuntus grachipac tool for installing
software .

Basically you open a command promt and start the program with GDB
command and while the program is running GDB is collectiong error
messages in the command window while you using the prograM, or you can
probably have it outputted to a file too .

It usually manages to catch intresting error messages while a program
crashes as the program itself is no longer able to provide any
information , but GDB runs alongside it and collects the data .