mherger wrote:
> >> the patch for the localfile protocol handler does the initialization
> in
> >> slimserver.pl. Could we do this in ProtocolHandlers.pm instead?
> >
> > No problem, Michael. (That was me anyway, rather than Adrian, hacking
> at
> > slimserver.pl.)
>
> I just realised this is interfering with the LocalPlayer plugin (which
>
> registers its own protocol handler). Is this a known issue or intended?
>
> SqueezeLite as installed by that plugin does not come with support for
> the
> "loc" profile.
>
> --
>
> Michael

The protocol handler in local player is only needed if it is not
included in the main server...  The purpose is to allow squeezelite to
stream direct off the disk if the player is local to the server
machine.

I'd like to get confirmation that the patched protocol handler with the
check for !$song->track->virutal works ok with CUE sheets.  I think we
then need to discuss whether this should be a default off option for the
standard server or possibly default on?