I have a whole heap of emails and PM's to reply to. For the last 3 days
I have been having PC issues that started with what I thought was
another failing disk, which was replaced with a "borrowed" disk, (which
lasted 2 hours before going down again), which was replaced with a brand
new disk, which was fine for another couple of hours before I ended up
with a chewed-up file system and a machine that wouldn't boot, with fsck
unable to fix the problems again. Long story short, it turns out that
the power supply was to blame, the 12V sagging under load, manifesting
in media errors from the drives. Anyway, I now have a development
machine back up and running and am restoring my home partition from
backup. Once that's done, I'll catch up on email.