hagensieker wrote:
> I'm a Raspberry Pi user as well.  I stumbled across a USB firmware "fix"
> for the many reported USB issues for RPi.  I was beginning to think as
> Triode said earlier that RPi wasn't ready for Prime Time for Squeezeplug
> but now I'm having no issues.
>
> And hopefully the RPi USB issues will get tackled or hopefully there
> will be a Rev 3 that gives a solid hardware fix.
>
> Since I've loaded this  firmware my RPi has stayed up and hasn't crashed
> yet.
>
> sudo apt-get install git-core
>
> sudo wget http://goo.gl/1BOfJ -O /usr/bin/rpi-update && sudo chmod +x
> /usr/bin/rpi-update
>
> sudo BRANCH=fiq_split rpi-update

Thank you John for your explanation. However I don't have any linux
knowledge. Unfortunately it's  too complicated for me to try all your
solutions and settings. I use the RPI to have "a backup" when my
Squeezebox Touch stops working.  I only use the Pi as "enduser" with the
out of the box working  img of piCoreplayer (thank you Steen) which
includes Squeezelite (thank you Adrian). I can copy and past commands
with help off all you great guys on this forum to try out some things.
I always thought that Squeezelite with default settings detected the
bitrate of the stream automatically and send it unchanged to my usb DAC
so I can listen to 24b96K streams in superb studio soundquality. You
reported that this wasn't so. My conclusion is that all RPi owners who
are using the default settings probably think they are  listening to
24b96K on their usb DAC  but they only hear 16b48K. I have hope that
clever guys like Adrian and Steen will come with an "out of the box"
working solution soon. For the time being I'm going to listen to my
Squeezebox Touch with Misical Fidelity V-DAC II which is a great
combination and is sounding superb with 24bit 96Khz files.
Willem