Triode wrote:
> Doubt it is the same problem as seen with the hdmi as this is a driver
> issue.  Have you tried enabling debugging and seeing if there are any
> changes after 8 hours?

thanks. I see the same issue on both my main HTPC running 2 VMs (which
is using HDMI through to the AV for VM1, and stereo to AV zone 2 for
VM2), and to another PC running VM3 which is stereo to powered speakers.
I'll switch on debugging and see what pops up.  The fact the repeated
power on/off of the squeezelite clients seems to fix it would presumably
mean the re-opening of the alsa device is what fixes the issue?