JackOfAll wrote:
> I have another patch (which I need to test) which allows setting all the
> quality options directly. Sooner or later, (even if John doesn't ask for
> it), someone will want to set precision, passband, stopband, phase
> values directly, rather than using the recipe defines.

That's exactly what I want! Being able to tweak the parameters allows me
to tune the DAC chip to produce great results. A friend and I did this
with my test board using external software and we were able to get
significant improvements over the built in filters. This is why I
consider doing our own filter a significant aspect of this, it really
can make a big difference.

SoX is nice because it has the controls to do this properly.

John S.