slackhead wrote:
> Yes, as you said, the Amanero firmware was the issue.
>
> First tried flashing version 1080 (which was probably what I was using
> before IIRC) and the problem persisted.
>
> Flashing to version 1074 (the only other option with the current update
> tool) seems to have fixed it.  Tested playing 88,96 and 192k files.
>

> Had a quick try to get some dff and dsf files to play - at first these
> wouldn't play at all until I had set 'dsdplay' in the relevant filetypes
> settings.  They now play but are accompanied with a loud static like
> noise.  The DAC is also indicating receiving PCM not the expected DSD.
> Are there perhaps other settings I need to adjust, such as the
> custom-covert file to get this working?
>
> I've been able to succesfully play the same test files using Foobar to
> send (as I understand it) DoP format through the Amanero to the DAC
> (ESS9018).  Can SBS do the same?
>
> EDIT
> Clive, I just re-read what you said about DoP :- "If you have a DoP
> capable DAC, you will need to add custom transcode rules, (at the moment
> via a text editor), to override the default conversion to PCM, to output
> as DoP in a flac container. (Example to be added later.) Restart LMS."
> Can you give some more details please?

You need to create a 'custom-convert.conf' in /etc/squeezeboxserver like

  [root@wandboard ~]# more /etc/squeezeboxserver/custom-convert.conf
  ##
  ## dsdplay DSD (dff) -> DoP
  ##
  dff flc * <mac of DoP enabled player>
  # FT:{START=-s %t}U:{END=-e %v}D:{RESAMPLE=-r %d}
  [dsdplay] -u $START$ $END$ $FILE$ $RESAMPLE$

  ##
  ## dsdplay DSD (dsf) -> DoP
  ##
  dsf flc * <mac of DoP enabled player>