sbp wrote:
> hi, I'm also very interested in this workaround, as some users of the
> piCorePlayer reports the same.
>
> i think it is strange with this squeezelite problem, as the other
> programs I have running, is doing fine on the raspberry, without this
> hanging issue.
>
> i have a web server running for weeks, with no dropouts.
> the ssh server (dropbear) is also running for weeks without any issue.
>
> The problem with squeezelite, is that it will produce no sound, whereas,
> it seems to be working when manipulating it from within the LMS web GUI
> or using Orange on my Android smartphone.
>
> it happens often when kept idle for prolonged time, but also sometimes
> it happens after several hours of constant playing.
>
> steen

I have 3 Pi's running squeezelite v1.3 & v1.4, all are headless, and are
tinycore based.   All three can sit for days and sometimes weeks without
playing and work just fine when I finally turn them on to play.   All 3
are wifi (EDIMAX EW-7811Un based adapters)  My LMS is running on a
Synology 413 NAS box (7.7.2)

I have seen a problem with the Realtek 8192 drivers in the 3.12.y
kernels where the wifi goes into power save, and cannot be woken up from
the remote side.  Won't responds to arp requests or anything.   I'm not
sure which kernels the new buggy Realtek driver has worked it's way
into.