steffen wrote:
> Thanks for your detailed explanation.

Sure, but I hope I haven't given the idea that we have spent days and
weeks optimizing things. I haven't. Simply picking the low hanging fruit
and taking anything "cheap" and obvious, where we can get it. There is
probably much better performance to be gained, optimising some code so
that memory access on ARM is aligned and does not need "transparently"
fixing up by the CPU. But that's not a topic of conversation for this
thread.....

steffen wrote:
> Sounds like the Community Squeeze is really the best choice and a
> self-made/self-setup Debian does not have these especially compiled
> packages. Debian has a longer Support-Term. So it was originally my
> first choice.

Give Debian a go by all means. Worst case scenario, you'll have to build
your own LMS packages, but squeezelite is already been pushed as a deb
package and I suspect all the multimedia codec dependencies are too. The
first ever Community Squeeze image (before there was a Community
Squeeze) was based on Ubuntu. The main reason we are now "hitched" to
Fedora is me. That I've been "RedHat" since the dawn of time and
understand how to package rpm's. Not a clue in the Debian world! ;)