bakker_be wrote:
> Would this http://stephan-rafin.net/blog/2014/01/06/cheap-ir-receiver/
> work in CSOS? If so, would it continue working when John's board is
> available?

I use a more or less identical system for controlling XBMC on my
RaspberryPi, and did wonder about using the same for the controlling
Jivelite on CSOS, but (yet again) not had a chance to look into yet ;(

My understanding is that the required LIRC code is now part of the
kernel so it should work with F20 with out much trouble. However with
F19 I'm not at all clear as that uses a much older kernel, which
probably does not include the LIRC stuff, and would likely require some
effort.

As far as Johns hardware goes, I believe he is making GPIO pins
available on the board, but not sure if this will include the pins used
as standard for LIRC, although I think this can be configured to use
other pins, so that is not likely an insurmountable problem.

Be warned, however - even if the right pins are available and the LIRC
code in place, it still takes quite a bit of effort to set up, as you
need to program LIRC for the particular remote you want to use, which
can be fiddly, and then define the actions of the buttons.

If you want a cheap solution and have the patience, this might be a good
option.  Otherwise stick to FLIRC - it so much simpler :D (and cost less
than a cheap dinner out).