I replied to you PM with the following......

I thank you for being honest with me about the fact that you are new to
linux and for that reason, I have to say that I simply don't have the
time to go into the level of detail that you'll need and I don't know
much about the Arch distribution. (Well, I don't know anything about
Arch, other than it is a Linux distribution). That's why CSOS exists. So
that users who don't have the skills to build kernels, patch drivers and
make images have an easy way to get a spdif driver that works up to
192k.

You want to do this with another distribution, the patch that you'll
need, (along with several others that we apply to the "base" kernel), is
in the kernel src rpm that can be downloaded here,
'kernel-wand-3.0.35-cm76.fc19.src.rpm'
(http://www.communitysqueeze.org/repo/19/SRPMS/kernel-wand-3.0.35-cm76.fc19.src.rpm).
Sorry!