adyc wrote:
> I got the impression from your post in CSOS thread.

That's the thing with impressions..... They're only skin deep. ;)

You need to look at what is going on under the surface. Out-of-the-box,
USB on BBB is almost the complete disaster that it used to be on the Pi.
(Slight exaggeration, but I'm making a point.) What my posts did tell
you is that DMA transfers are a bust, so you need to disable. That's
easy enough, even at runtime, without needing to re-compile anything.
But it doesn't mention that I have applied at least 3 patches
specifically addressing USB, on top of a 3.14.2 (ie. the latest
mainline) kernel. If you are expecting out-of-the-box, you'll be having
trouble with ISO transfers at low sample rates and if you're expecting
output from upsampling to "high" sample rates, well, forget it. And it
doesn't go into specifics about how I debugged why data is being dropped
and wrote a patch that addresses that as well.