scolley wrote:

> 4) With _Volumio_running_on_the_Cubox-I4_, attached to the DragonFly,
> but _with_the_bus_powered_hub_removed_, it plays with
> _no_click/pop/crackle_. Tested yesteday, repeated today.

So the Cubox-i hardware is capable of playing click/pop free with the
Dragonfly. Must be software or config related in some way.

I wonder if it could be something as silly as Volumio is using the
performance cpu governor, and arch is using ondemand. As root, you could
try on arch, "cpupower frequency-info" to see if it is using the
ondemand governor, and if it is, try "cpupower frequency-set -g
performance". I might be clutching at straws, but is Volumio using a RT
kernel? What does "uname -r" say?