Owen Smith wrote:
> The above is what I don't understand, but I keep seeing it. Why are
> people installing LMS on things like wandboards, which are basically
> being used as a player? Surely you end up with multiple LMS
> installations running all over the place? Do people not run one central
> server? I seem to have a fundamental disconnect about this, there's
> something I'm not understanding.

I use the Wandboard with a USB hard-drive as my server. It works
extremely well. I've previously used the Sheevaplug with, and previously
without, Squeezeplug. I've also used the Raspberry Pi with Squeezeplug.
The latter two work very well also, but the Wandboard is the fastest.

Squeezebox Classic:2;  Duet: 1;  Boom:1; Touch:1; Wandboard Quad;
Squeezelite.
Server: Wandboard Quad with CSOS; Raspberry Pi/Wolfson Card with
Squeezeplug 7.06; (backup:Win 8 Pro 64 bit, Sheevaplug with
Squeezeplug);  iPeng, iPeng for Ipad, Orange Squeeze, Squeezepad, LMS
Version: 7.8.0 latest nightly