Krisbee wrote:
> Triode,
>
> Errors on storage.html ?  Something seems to have happened at the update
> to soa-web a couple days ago.
>
> 1. Umount results in this:
>
> '[image: http://s28.postimg.org/vybmy4j3d/soa8.jpg]'
> (http://postimg.org/image/vybmy4j3d/)
>
> '[image: http://s30.postimg.org/lsxth7x0d/soa10.jpg]'
> (http://postimg.org/image/lsxth7x0d/)
>
> There's no "remount"
>

> 2. Remove results in an error page:
>
> '[image: http://s1.postimg.org/gla09wgtn/soa9.jpg]'
> (http://postimg.org/image/gla09wgtn/)
>

> Can you reproduce these errors?
>

> 3. I have a more general question about NFS under ARCH.  After reading
> the ARCH WIKI https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/NFS,  it seems you
> need to enable *nfs-client.target* to use the Wandboard, or other host,
> as a NFS client, but in the Wandboard ARCH image this is disabled.  I
> couldn't get a NFS share to mount at boot without enabling this target.
> Can you reproduce this behaviour?

Triode,

A. STORAGE.HTML

Can confirm remove error is fixed.  Remove button triggers correct
action and entry in /etc/fstab is removed and filesystem unmounted
correctly.

More details on error one.  I realised my post was when using webui via
localhost as opposed to ip addr.  None the less, I would have thouhgt
both should work.  On re-testing the is still an error whether using
http://127.0.0.1/storage.html or http://192.168.0.88/storage.html.  The
error actually is this:

1. add nfs

written to /etc/fstab - yes
appears on web page  - yes

mounted - yes

2. umount

written to /etc/fstab - no (that's OK)
umounted -yes
but mount/remount button disappears, so no way to remount.

B. NFS UNDER ARCH

Triode wrote:
>  I need to look at nfs later.  How many people really want an nfs mount?

Well, apart from the fact that cifs, nfs and nfs4 are all on the WebUI,
surely for an all Linux network, nfs is the natural choice?  It ought to
be straightforward, but ARCH + systemd seem to have made it tricky.  I
hope you can look at this soon, as when using a version 3 nfs server,
which is commonplace on a home network,  you have to enable
*nfs-client.target* , and ensure these services are running:

  rpc-gssd.service                   loaded active running RPC GSS-API Client
Daemon
  rpc-statd.service                  loaded active running NFS v2/3 Network
Status Monitor Daemon
  rpcbind.service                    loaded active running RPC Bind

--------------------

Even then you could well face another problem that the nfs share will
not mount on boot due to the order in which systemd initialise services.
In my testing on a i686 VM, I get this:

  Jun 14 12:39:15 soapvm systemd[1]: Reached target Remote File Systems (Pre).
  Jun 14 12:39:15 soapvm systemd[1]: Mounting /mnt/disk1...
  Jun 14 12:39:15 soapvm systemd[1]: Starting Sound Card.
  Jun 14 12:39:15 soapvm systemd[1]: Reached target Sound Card.
  Jun 14 12:39:15 soapvm mount[191]: mount.nfs: Network is unreachable
  Jun 14 12:39:15 soapvm systemd[1]: mnt-disk1.mount mount process exited,
code=exited status=32
  Jun 14 12:39:15 soapvm systemd[1]: Failed to mount /mnt/disk1.
  Jun 14 12:39:15 soapvm systemd[1]: Dependency failed for Remote File Systems.
  Jun 14 12:39:15 soapvm systemd[1]: Unit mnt-disk1.mount entered failed state.
  Jun 14 12:39:15 soapvm systemd[1]: Starting Trigger Flushing of Journal to
Persistent Storage...
  Jun 14 12:39:15 soapvm ifplugd[178]: client: Starting network profile
'enp0s3'...

--------------------

i.e. Systemd attempts to mount nfs share before network card has been
started.

  [root@soapvm ~]# systemd-analyze blame
  701ms systemd-vconsole-setup.service
  666ms systemd-remount-fs.service
  652ms systemd-logind.service
  623ms rpcbind.service
  537ms systemd-modules-load.service
  532ms tmp.mount
  531ms sys-kernel-debug.mount
  530ms dev-mqueue.mount
  525ms dev-hugepages.mount
  482ms rpc-statd.service
  355ms systemd-udev-trigger.service
  353ms kmod-static-nodes.service
  329ms rpc-gssd.service
  215ms systemd-tmpfiles-setup-dev.service
  142ms systemd-udevd.service
  80ms systemd-random-seed.service
  75ms systemd-update-utmp.service
  72ms systemd-journal-flush.service
  70ms systemd-sysctl.service
  65ms systemd-tmpfiles-setup.service
  59ms user@0.service
  17ms mnt-disk1.mount
  17ms systemd-user-sessions.service
  15ms dev-disk-by\x2duuid-29c57a28\x2d5b0c\x2d449f\x2d9568\x2dd219361b23f6.swap
  3ms sys-kernel-config.mount
  2ms var-lib-nfs-rpc_pipefs.mount

--------------------

The ArchWIKI suggest using systemd automount service to overcome this
timing problem, but it doesn't work for me.
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/NFS#Client

Perhaps all is OK an the Wandboard, it's certainly not for i686/x86_64.

However, changing from netctl/ifplugd to NetworkManager and invoking the
NetworkManager-wait-online.service solves this problem. NFS shares mount
on boot without problem, but then of course you'd have to use a
nm-applet to confgure the network.

So I'd be v. interested if there's a systemd solution to mounting NFs
shares when network is controlled by netctl/ifplugd.