psketch wrote:
> To be fair, I must admit I think the perfect platform for PiCorePlayer
> is .... an RPi.  There are plenty of other boards and platforms that can
> run Squeezelite, but the beauty of PiCorePlayer on RPI is a) simplicity
> and b) price.  For the simplicity (i.e. it just does what it says -
> plays music from LMS) I don't need more power.  By keeping it just that
> simple, it makes it extremely reliable - one of mine has just been
> quietly running away in a cupboard for about 4 months now.  Then,
> there's the price - it's mad cheap.  If you're running over HDMI, you
> don't need anything else.  For pretty decent playback, £20 on a USB DAC
> and you're done, or 25 euro for a HiFiBerry DAC.  Throw in a half decent
> PSU and a case and you've got a great player for £65 - lovely.

Have to agree with this.  I've been running a B via HDMI into my AVR and
a B with hifiberry into stereo amp, plus an A rigged up in a repurposed
battery powered boombox, all have been performing solidly and sound
great.  I went over a fair few options for multiroom sound have found
picoreplayer + rpi to be pretty much unbeatable for simplicity and bang
for buck performance.