Howardyiu wrote:
> thanks a lot for the advice Greg, however, i know nothing about how to
> set the squeezelite up. may i share some of my info. and u can guide me
> to finish the setup and finally i can use the pCP.
>
> i am using 1) NAS synology 213j as media source, LMS app installed in
> the NAS, and nothing done on the NAS so far.
> 2) Pi B+. got 1.17a updated. some setting by reading some post, not
> really know what's that.
> 3) signal flow : NAS-> GigaSwitch-> B+-> [USB]-> DAC (NAD D1050)-> AV
> receiver-> Speaker
>

> Please help! THANKS!

Hi Howard.

Could I suggest that you as a start try to follow these instructions:
1. Remove all settings in the "squeezelite setup" page, press submit.
submit (in the field just below the area where you choose the analog
output).
find and press the submit button.
4. Go to the "main" page press "restart Squeezelite"

Then go to your LMS and see if your player is present - now you are
using analog output and you would need to use a headset to listen to
music - but at least you will know that it is working.

Next you will have to try to get your USB-DAC working.

Steen
use analog out, then remove

piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
Homepage: https://sites.google.com/site/picoreplayer/home

*Please 'donate'
(https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=U7JHY5WYHCNRU&lc=GB&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted)
if you like the piCorePlayer*