Kuro wrote:
> Triode,
>
> I had another go with Cubox from scratch.  I did this so that I can get
> the update on having /storage in the mount option.
>
> I modified the SD card create script so that it will create an ext3
> partition instead of ext4.  For some reason, the latest archlinux image
> for Cubox does not have ext4 support during boot.  I found that the
> latest image on archlinuxarm.org is probably broken, as it would not
> start eth0 and it also requires bsdtar instead of tar to unpack the
> file.  I happened to have an older image from July this year and that
> one installed fine.
>
> In the archlinux image for Cubox, there is no /boot/SPL or
> /boot/u-boot.img.  So I skipped the "Writing uboot...." part.  I'm not
> sure what exactly that you're doing there, but skipping those two lines
> in the script still work fine for me.
>
> The Cubox rebooted fine with the initial compile and squeezelite was up
> and running.  I then compiled LMS 7.9.  The compile went ok this time,
> but the server would not start.  Upon inspection, I found that the size
> of the CPAN tar package is rather small:
>
> logitechmediaserver-cpan-7.9r374.094b184-1-armv7h.pkg.tar  10987520
> bytes
>
> versus
>
> logitechmediaserver-cpan-7.9r372.25a2280-1-armv7h.pkg.tar  16445440
> bytes
>
> which I compiled on my Wandboard Quad.
>
> So I copied the CPAN package from my Wandboard over to my Cubox and
> installed it.  Viola!  LMS 7.9 starts and runs fine on the Cubox.
>
> So it baffles me as to why CPAN did not compile correctly on the Cubox.
> I have the soa-aur.log file saved from /tmp, so I can look at it if you
> have an idea of where to look for error messages.
>
> Also, is that a way to upgrade CPAN on my Wandboard to 7.9r374?  I
> noticed that clicking the "Update" button does not do this
> automatically...

Mail me the log if you still have it.  I can't comment on why it may not
have worked without seeing it.

Re the create script - it is basically the arch install instructions + a
set of custom commands.  So if you look at the difference between the
arch install instructions for your device vs the ones I support then you
should see the changes need.

Otherwise install arch using the standard instructions from
http://archlinuxarm.org/ and then manually install soa from the
instructions on the readme: https://github.com/SqueezeOnArch/soa-aur