Hi Greg, Hi Jesperlykke,

and sry for my late reply.

Jesperlykke wrote:
> Hi all here :)
> I have a working lirc setup, via gpiopin/appletv remote .lircrc and
> working lircd.conf (TSOP xxxxx).
> I have it all packed up in a lirc-0.9.0.tcz, which can be easyli
> converted to whats needed.
>
> Regarding the antiupdate squeezelite, it should be doable also, without
> to much hassle (allthrough i havent looked inside picoreplayer, to se
> how it's executed)
>
> Let me know if i can help... ?
> 16450

I currently have a custom build squeezelite which is capable of
resampling and can switch on/off a conncted power amp via GPIO - it is
all working fine.
I am not crosscompiling, instead I used a Raspian distro on another Pi
to build all the stuff and unfortunately the SD card I was working with
is broken now -.-
Therefore I wasn't able to play around with the lirc stuff but I am
quite sure that the irda package won't help me. Furthermore I am quite
sure that I need a kernel module (lirc_rpi) which is not included with
pcp which would mean that I would have to recompile it by myself.
Because of the fact that I am not crosscompiling I would have to
recompile and replace the whole kernel. After all it might be a better
solution for me to completely rebuild pcp with all the needed
components, so my question to Greg: are the sources available?
And Jesperlykke: yes, I really would give your lirc package a try! I am
also trying to use pcp as an IR transmitter, not sure if your package
would prvide that functionality, but having appropriate kernel modules
would definitely be a good starting point! Could you provide a link to
the package?

(BTW, Greg: scp did not work out of the box on latest pcp because
dbclient was not found in the expected path. Linking it fixed the
problem, at least until the next reboot.)

best o/