Triode wrote:
> Do you know if squeezeplay does the same thing - it also sends silence
> during periods of inactivity.  Does turning off the player from lms and
> turning it back on have any impact?

I have never used squeezeplay extensively due to various sync related
issues. When the player is turned on/off from lms (or in my case Squeeze
Commander under droid) this doesn't always fix the issue. A reboot of
the Debian OS running Squeezelite always fixes the issue. If there could
be an option added to Squeezelite that could send no data during periods
of silence (after x seconds to stop gaps in songs negatively impacting
sync) then it would be fantastic as a test.
My other half muttered Sonos the other day, but luckily Sonos and Apple
are blacklisted words in our house ;-)