c64emulator wrote:
> Hi Ralphy,
> I'm looking for a picoplayer with a small gui (like this:
> http://www.crazy-audio.com/2014/11/a-squeezebox-replacement-based-on-the-hifiberry-dac-and-the-raspberry-pi/)
>
> I have seen that you have made all possible Squeezebox client builds
> available. How about merging the best of all worlds together?
>
> Building a picoplayer with a small display and a infrared controller
> would be great for my children (XMAS...). They can power off without
> corrupting the sdcard. Also they can control it, when I switch off the
> wlan during night (picoplayer has ethernet).
>
> /H.

Hi c64emulator,

Unfortunately things are never as simple as they appear. Trying to
support the large number of hardware options would be difficult. If you
think about the Squeezebox Touch, the hardware is fixed, just one
screen, one remote controller, one wireless solution, so writing a
software solution is relatively easy.

I'd try one of the already published projects, some of them look really
good.

but.... it would be easier to leave your wlan on at night!

regards
Greg