soundcheck wrote:
> You need to check if the phase1 phase2 MAC is really the same!!
>
> On some systems/installations the OS/kernel/driver/bootparam/userspace
> generated MACs even override the HW MAC.
> Sometimes these MACs are fixed (manually configured), sometimes these
> MACs are random (change with every boot).
> If Triode is not using HW MACs for a certain platform, he needs to
> transfer somehow the randomly (manually or automatic) generated MAC of
> phase1 to phase2
> He then needs to "manually" assign it as kernel or boot parameter in the
> phase2 installation.
>
> Further it needs to be checked that on a board with fixed HW MAC, the
> OS/kernel/driver/... configuration won't override that fixed HW MAC.

I believe all of these hardware platforms other than CT have a real
hardware MAC.  The issue appears to be that some dhcp servers see a
request from the same mac address with some of the other parameters
being different as a trigger to give a new address.  I am looking into
this, but for the moment - you do need to check what the most recent
address your dhcp server has given the device.

Even for CT - the mac address is fixed in the filesystem, but I suspect
a request from arch using systemd vs netctl gets a differnet mac
address.

[Latest arch uses systemd-network support, but I disable this and use
netctl for backwards compat with older soa installs and the web ui.
This occurs on the final reboot.  I may need to change this if it is the
reason for this occuring]