Jasper, JackOfAll, Greg:

Very grateful that I receive so much help here as a newbie to tiny
core.

Jesperlykke wrote:
> Email it to me, the file config.tgz
I've attached the config.gz file to this forum post. Turns out the
compressed size is only 26 KB. 16757

JackOfAll wrote:

> PS. On another topic. I did recompile that 8192cu wi-fi module yesterday
> in an effort to get the LED turned off, but run out of time before I
> could actually test with EW-7811. It's one down from the top of my to-do
> list! ;)
Great, thanks!

Greg Erskine wrote:

  >   > Local piCore client: (192.168.1.103)
  >
  > $ sudo ln -s /tmp/tcloop/dropbear/usr/local/bin/dbclient /usr/bin/dbclient
  >

  > Remote piCore client: (192.168.1.8)
  >
  > $ sudo ln -s /tmp/tcloop/dropbear/usr/local/bin/scp /usr/bin/scp

--------------------

That did the trick, thanks!

Greg Erskine wrote:
> Here's a couple a simple options for the annoying bright LED on wifi
> adapters.
>
> Option 1 - Buy a cheap generic wifi adaptor with detachable antenna and
> a *minute* led. $10 to $15 on ebay.
>
> Look for Chipset: Ralink RT5370 if wanting to do option 2 as well.
>
> Option 2 - Turn off the led if you have a wifi adaptor using rt2800usb
> module

That info should be very useful for everybody who is annoyed by the
bright, blinking WiFi dongle LEDs. Will def use this as the fallback
solution in case Jasper or JackOfAll can't find the time to guide me
through the rebuild of the 8192cu kernel module.

|Filename: config.gz                                                |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=16757|