thanks Tcutting,

I learned a nice trick.

These random reboots seem gone, however, I have another issue: the
dreaded "cannot connet to server, press right to retry".

While the player might have had a corrupted firmware due to the failure
of the power source a couple of months ago, I think my server is not
behaving very well.

I am posting a new thread about this.

-Gian

town: Musical Fidelity Dr.Thomas, Preamp II, Infinity 7K, Squeezebox
Classic (2), Squeezebox Radio, Ubuntu 12.4 LTS server
country: Musical Fidelity A-5, Infinity Renaissance 90, Musical Fidelity
A120, Sonus Faber Concertino, Squeezebox Classic (2), SB Touch, Ubuntu
12.4 LTS server