sbp wrote:

> Could you try to run your system without any firewall, just to diagnose
> the problem?

Hi Steen,

my LSM is built on Ubuntu server LTS, and I do not have issues with an
SB3 and SBradio working fine all the time.

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.0 - 1418370781 @ Sat Dec 13 04:05:00
UTC 2014
Hostname: lascala
Server IP Address: 192.168.7.10
Server HTTP Port Number: 9000
Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
Perl Version: 5.14.2 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
Audio::Scan: 0.93
Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)
Total Players Recognized: 3

On the wifi side everything looks fine:

1. from my desktop, and from LMS I can ping the Raspy connected in wifi
2. from my desktop I can see the web interface, here is the config.cfg:

NAME="Fidelio"
OUTPUT="sysdefault:CARD=A10"
ALSA_PARAMS="80:4::"
BUFFER_SIZE=""
_CODEC=""
PRIORITY=""
MAX_RATE=""
UPSAMPLE=""
MAC_ADDRESS=""
SERVER_IP=""
LOGLEVEL=""
LOGFILE=""
DSDOUT=""
VISULIZER=""
OTHER=""
AUDIO="USB"
HOST=piCorePlayer
SSID="LaScala"
PASSWORD="one two three four five six seven eight nine"
ENCRYPTION="WPA"
TIMEZONE=""
OVERCLOCK=NONE
CMD="Default"
WIFI="on"
FIQ="0x7"
ALSAlevelout="Default"
REBOOT="Disabled"
RB_H="0"
RB_WD="0"
RB_DMONTH="0"
RESTART="Disabled"
RS_H="0"
RS_WD="0"
RS_DMONTH="0"
AUTOSTARTLMS=

This is the bottom line:
Fidelio | bc:f6:85:66:f4:1c | piCorePlayer v1.18b | linux 3.16.3-piCore+
| Squeezelite v1.7 | Thu Jan 1 11:26:14 Universal 1970

3. from the Raspy, I can ping inside and outside the LAN

I know nothing about the protocol that connects LMS with the players.
How does it scan for them?
Is there a way to troubleshoot that connection?
At this moment it shows three players, but not the Raspy.

If I do everything from scratch, burn the image on SD, it will work out
of the box, but adding the wifi will make the player vanish from LMS web
page.

Could it be an issue between the USB dongle && the USB DAC?

town: Musical Fidelity Dr.Thomas, Preamp II, Infinity 7K, Squeezebox
Classic (2), Squeezebox Radio, Ubuntu 12.4 LTS server
country: Musical Fidelity A-5, Infinity Renaissance 90, Musical Fidelity
A120, Sonus Faber Concertino, Squeezebox Classic (2), SB Touch, Ubuntu
12.4 LTS server