pablolie wrote:
> i have been doing great with my virtual machine strategy, but it is time
> to future proof it...
>
> i hear 7.9 is the best and final LMS release.... so i am curious about
> it and a Ubuntu LTS release... any reports on what is easy to put
> together?
>
> i just want a stable environment i don't upgrade - the only thing i do
> is run the VM on VMWorkstation only and exclusively for LMS.
I'm running the LMS 7.9 git code on Ubuntu Server 14.04.1 LTS.  Very
stable.  I have an install script that does all the work of setting
things up which I'd be happy to share.  By running from the git code,
getting the latest changes to 7.9 is as easy as #git pull.  The other
benefit of running from the git code is that it's very easy to switch
back and forth between 7.8 & 7.9.