chrissy wrote:
> Hi Blue,
>
> I need a little more Information about your system. What is a "payne
> player". LMS never plays anything to USB or SPDIF. It serves a squeezbox
> or squezzelite which output to usb or spdif. Please open a separate
> thread for your problem, since this is a special squezzelit thread. Your
> Problem is much more general.
>
> Chris
I don't have answers, but I suspect that for 'payne', read 'pane', i.e.
window.  If the LMS window says the player is squeezelite, it probably
is, so this may the right place to ask.

How squeezelite has been installed and configured is another
question....

Blue - where did the squeezelite come from?  Did you install it
yourself?
What Operating System are you running on the NAS?  Windows, OSX, or a
Linux version?
Assuming you are running squeezelite you need to get the output device
selected correctly to the USB or SPDIF port you want to connect via.
There is a ,oad of stuff over this thread about this.  The command
option you are looking for is "-o" followed by some form of device
description.

If, however, you are not running squeeezelite at all, then indeed this
is the wrong place to ask unless that really is what you want to do :)

LMS 7.9 on VortexBox Midi, Xubuntu 14.04, FLACs 16->24 bit,
44.1->192kbps. LMS & Squeeze2upnp (Beta - derived from squeezelite) to
Musical Fidelity M1 CLiC and Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.  Squeezelite
to PC sound.  Minimserver (server) and upplay (control point) to same
amps & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.  Meridian USB Explorer DAC from PCs
to speakers/headphones.  Wireless Xubuntu 14.04 laptop controls
LMS/upplay via Firefox.   Have a Touch with EDO, and a spare, but don't
use.