Hi all, tanks for your help.

DJanGo wrote:
> root is not a user to work with!
> root should update and backup systems and other stuff
> root doesn't need to listen to audio tracks so root isnt in the group
> audio.
>

> d o n t   u s e   r o o t   a s   a   - n o r m a l -   u s e r   a c c
> o u n t !

Yes, I know but for test my services, I use root user, for the moment i
don't need a security, it's the reason.

On my rPI i use root user (for LMS and squeezelite) and all worked but
on my intel board i have the problem of input/output. And i don't know
why

Krisbee wrote:
> Tim.
>
> I'm afraid you were given bad advice about the need to add your user to
> the audio group - epsecialy when you were not asked if you were working
> as "root" or a "normal user" .  I did point that out.
>
> As someone has already said, the root account on a standard Linux
> install is not what you should be working with.  Exactly what is this
> "Intel board" you're working with?   Are there no other audio devices on
> it? Have you not created a normal user account on this system?
>
> You still did not give the output of the commands I asked for -
> “/usr/bin/squeezelite-i386 -l” and the “aplay -*l*”  <-  Note that is a
> lower case letter L, not number one, in both cases.
>
> Now you have installed the necessary libraries do you still get the same
> error - -“unable to set hw params: Input/output error”- - when using
> squeezelite ?

With squeezelite cmd :

  root@debian:/etc/init.d# /usr/bin/squeezelite-i386 -l
  Output devices:
  null                           - Discard all samples (playback) or generate
zero samples (capture)
  default:CARD=Loopback          - Loopback, Loopback PCM - Default Audio Device
  sysdefault:CARD=Loopback       - Loopback, Loopback PCM - Default Audio Device
  default:CARD=Device            - USB PnP Sound Device, USB Audio - Default
Audio Device
  sysdefault:CARD=Device         - USB PnP Sound Device, USB Audio - Default
Audio Device
  front:CARD=Device,DEV=0        - USB PnP Sound Device, USB Audio - Front
speakers
  surround40:CARD=Device,DEV=0   - USB PnP Sound Device, USB Audio - 4.0
Surround output to Front and Rear speakers
  surround41:CARD=Device,DEV=0   - USB PnP Sound Device, USB Audio - 4.1
Surround output to Front, Rear and Subwoofer speakers
  surround50:CARD=Device,DEV=0   - USB PnP Sound Device, USB Audio - 5.0
Surround output to Front, Center and Rear speakers
  surround51:CARD=Device,DEV=0   - USB PnP Sound Device, USB Audio - 5.1
Surround output to Front, Center, Rear and Subwoofer speakers
  surround71:CARD=Device,DEV=0   - USB PnP Sound Device, USB Audio - 7.1
Surround output to Front, Center, Side, Rear and Woofer speakers
  iec958:CARD=Device,DEV=0       - USB PnP Sound Device, USB Audio - IEC958
(S/PDIF) Digital Audio Output

--------------------

I had installed snd_usb_audio librairie for my kernel : 'soud.tgz'
(https://www.dropbox.com/s/szppv9q9cuule6k/sound.tgz?dl=0)
Now, it's detected :

  root@debian:/etc/init.d# lsmod
  Module                  Size  Used by
  snd_usb_audio         119941  0
  snd_usbmidi_lib        24140  1 snd_usb_audio
  snd_seq_midi           13132  0
  snd_seq_midi_event     14104  1 snd_seq_midi
  snd_rawmidi            24231  2 snd_usbmidi_lib,snd_seq_midi
  snd_hwdep              13232  1 snd_usb_audio
  usb_f_acm              14335  1
  u_serial               18582  6 usb_f_acm
  g_multi                70703  0
  libcomposite           39245  2 usb_f_acm,g_multi
  bcm_bt_lpm             13676  0
  bcm4334x              578947  0

PasTim wrote:
> My fault. :( I failed to imagine that the user was root (I don't even
> have a root password on my linux systems, I just use sudo as and when I
> absolutely have to).
>
> All advice against running as root is extremely well worth following if
> you possibly can.

It's not your fault. and yes when all worked i will use a better
security.

Thanks